Posted on

Calcium Bentonite Clay – A Natural Way to Protect Yourself from Mercury – by Cheryl McCoy

Calcium Bentonite Clay – A Natural Way to Protect Yourself from Mercury – by Cheryl McCoy
Mercury is a naturally occurring metal that is toxic to vertebrates, including humans.  Even in very small amounts, it can cause severe damage to your neurological functions and multiple organ systems.  Mercury is ‘hiding’ in many things we come in contact with daily; everything from our food to the fillings in our teeth, and even our light bulbs.  It seems to be everywhere.  It was recently reported that HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) has been contaminated with mercury.  Since such a vast number of processed foods contain HFCS, any time you eat any pre-packaged food, you’re most likely eating mercury right along with it.  But mercury isn’t just in junk food.  Even healthy foods can be hiding mercury.  Unfortunately, it is reported to be abundant in fish, one of the foods considered to be most healthy for us to consume.  Calcium Bentonite Clay, thankfully, is a safe, natural way to help remove mercury from our bodies and protect ourselves from the ravages of this contaminant. Calcium Bentonite Clay, also known as Living Clay, can be used both internally and externally to cleanse and detoxify the body.  Calcium Bentonite Clay has a very strong negative ionic charge.  When it comes in contact with any substance that has a positive ionic charge (such as metals, toxins, bacteria, etc.) it attracts it like a magnet, and the two become bound together.  The clay both adsorbs the positive-charged ion (attaches it to its surface like VELCRO®), and absorbs it as well.  As the clay passes through your system, it attracts and binds the metals and toxins, which are then eliminated from the body along with the clay.

In conjunction with taking clay internally, external applications are also very effective and helpful in removing mercury.  Clay baths are often used as a part of successful chelation therapy.  Calcium Bentonite Clay has a uniquely strong ability to pull toxins and metals out through the pores of the skin, binding to them and removing them from the body.  And unlike many other chelation methods, clay is natural, safe and much gentler to the system.

To help rid your body of mercury, the best approach is the double fisted, internal/external approach.  Take the Calcium Bentonite Clay internally (approximately 2 ounces of liquid clay once or twice a day) and take clay baths twice a week (using approximately 1-2 cups of dry powder clay per bath).  Be sure you’re using a pure, natural Calcium Bentonite Clay that has a pH of at least 9.0 for best results.


Perry Arledge, Living Clay: Nature’s Own Miracle Cure, 2006, Perry Productions.

David Gutierrez, “Are You Poisoning Yourself with Mercury in Fish?,” Natural News,

Mike Adams, “High Fructose Corn Syrup Contaminated with Mercury, Says Research,” Natural News,

Herb Newborg, “Mercury Does Not Belong in Light Bulbs or Vaccines,” Natural News,